Thursday, January 29, 2009


I promise I won't go all SXSW crazy on your ass because I'm not like that. But, as I was doing some research for an interview I did today I stumbled upon this preliminary lineup for the festival this year. To my great surprise I saw a lot of Latin American bands represented, which really turns my page. I can't say if any of them are any good but it still makes me happy to see the sounds of our southern brethren creep back up to what was once Mexico.
Latin American bands to appear at SXSW:
Banda de Turistas (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Bomba Estereo (Bogota, Columbia)
Choc Quib Town (Bogota, Columbia)
Division Miniscula (Matamoros, Mexico)
Doctor Krapula (Bogota, Columbia)
Gabi Almedia (Sao Paolo, Brazil)
Insite (Mexicali, Mexico)
Los Fancy Free (Mexico City, Mexico)
Mexican Institute of Sound (Mexico City, Mexico)
Motel (Mexico City, Mexico)
Mundo Livre Sa (Recife, Brazil)
Pato Machete (Monterrey, Mexico)
Simplifires (Mexico City, Mexico)

No comments: