Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Don't forget about The Dodos

I had a great roommate this year for about two weeks. He was tall and awkward with teeth so big he could hardly keep them in his mouth. His uniform was an old t-shirt, jeans, and a Phillies hat I could have sworn he slept in. He fit right in with Molly and I, except he ate white rice when brown is clearly tastier. I digress. He had fantastic taste in music. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say it rivaled my own. Earlier in the year I received a copy of The Dodos Visiter to review, but never did it (in true Rachel fashion). Anyway, this character came into my room one night drunk as hell, high too. We were talking about music, and he saw that I had The Dodos record, which I had really never listened to. He demanded that I play the first track "Walking", and he said "this is my absolute favorite beginning to any song ever!!" (all high and drunk like). He must have made me play it 15 times over and over, and I can't listen to those first 5 seconds without thinking of him. Needless to say, he's long gone (existential crisis called him home to Albany). Either way, I'd like to thank him for introducing me to that song and many others on the album. So, I'm sorry I didn't get around to enjoying their music sooner, but Dodos, you guys are somethin' else. 


The Dodos

No comments: