Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Trip to AKA Records



I stopped by AKA Records this Saturday sometime around 3pm after a few hours of sleep. Molly and I listened to some corny old hip-hop LPs with neon zigzags across the covers. I thought about buying some records and was saddened by how poor I am. I spoke to AKA owner Mike, who seemed preoccupied with unraveling rolls of quarters and eyeing the customers as they walked in. I was preoccupied by his shiny gold tooth.
I did learn from Mike that the Black Lips album is selling very well, that he's been working in record stores for a long time and could not imagine doing anything else, and an album no person should live without is The Rolling Stones Exile On Main St.
Otherwise the man was pretty light lipped and really just wanted me to shut up.

This one's for you Mike

Exile On Main St.

No comments: